Whitman County is pleased and excited to offer online candidate filing.
Features & Benefits of Filing Online
- It’s quick and it’s easy!
- Can be done from your home or anywhere
- No standing in line
- You enter the data, so you know it’s right
- Candidates will receive an email should someone file against you
- Candidates will have the choice to submit their candidate statements and photos online
Declaration of Candidacy
To submit a Declaration of Candidacy online, the following is required:
- You must be a registered voter in the district for which you are filing
- You must have a valid email address
- In order to complete your online filing, if there is a filing fee, you must either pay by credit card, or come into the Auditor’s office to pay by the close of filing
Please make sure you:
- Read all instructions very carefully
- File before the deadlines
- If you choose not to use this online option, you may file at our office between the hours of 8 am and 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday
Candidate filing fees are non-refundable. It is your responsibility to submit your online filing correctly.
If you need assistance or have any questions, contact the Whitman County Election Office at 509-397-5284.