Warning: The plant known as Poison Hemlock can pose a serious health hazard when ingested by people or animals. It can be mistaken for parsnips from the look of its roots, as parsley for the look of its leaves, or as anise from the look of its seeds.
Despite its similarity in features to other non-dangerous plants there is no non-toxic portion of Poison Hemlock. Please be sure to avoid unnecessary contact with it. This plant is wide spread through out Whitman County along roadsides, edges of cultivated fields, railroad tracks, irrigation ditches, stream banks, and in waste areas.