Visitation is a privilege. We reserve the right to refuse anyone a chance to
visit an inmate. Visitation is every Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday from 1:30 pm
to 4:30 pm. 4:00 pm is the latest we allow someone to check-in for visiting.
- There is a limited amount of space for visiting therefore it is not always possible to visit the entire three hours.
- If you have anything you would like to give to an inmate you must do it prior to your visit as the Corrections Officers
are busy and may not be able to accept the items after you have completed your visit. Corrections Officers may limit the
number of items that you request to drop off or refuse an item if it is not allowed in the jail.
- You must provide picture ID to visit. If you do not have a picture ID you will not be accepted.
- Visitors are subject to search. You may refuse being searched but that also means you will not be able to visit.
- Visiting is typically given on a first-come first-served basis but immediate family members are given priority in visiting over friends.
- If you have any packages, cellphones, recording devices, or a purse you must leave it in the wall locker. A Corrections Officer will give you a token to place it in the locker.
- Visitors must be 18 years of age unless they are accompanied in person by their parent or legal guardian.
- Visitors engaging in arguments or rowdy behavior will be removed from visiting. Small children much be kept under control.
- Visiting is non-contact and will be conducted via a phone.
- Do not leave small children in the lobby unattended.
- Should you encounter problems while visiting notify a Corrections Officer.
You may bring only a small number of items to inmates. If something is not on
this list, we will refuse its acceptance into the facility. Give all items to
the Corrections Officer before you visit. You can receive a receipt if you give money.
Examples of things we do not accept
- Paper - Notebooks with wire binding will be refused
- 3 pair of socks or less
- 3 tee-shirts or less
- 3 pair of underwear or less
- Books - All books brought in will be donated to the jail library
- Magazines - no pornography allowed - All magazines brought in will be donated to the jail library
If you come on a day with a lot of visitors, your visit may be cut to less than 20 minutes.
- Lighters and Matches
- Mail - All mail must be mailed to 411 North Mill Street, Colfax, WA 99111
- Hygiene Products