Solid Waste / Recycling Division
The Solid Waste Landfill and Transfer Station Site manages a variety of recyclables and waste delivered to the County facility in accordance with the County’s flow control ordinance (Ordinance 73385, September 17, 2012) by local haulers, contractors and residents. Whitman County then ships the majority of the waste to Roosevelt regional landfill.
Additional services offered at the Landfill/Transfer site include drop-off areas for Household hazardous waste, yard waste, and recycling free of charge for the residents of Whitman County. The site also offers a Limited Purpose Landfill that can accept clean inert demolition (brick, concrete, asphalt, asphalt shingles) at reduced rates see fee schedule and descriptions for rates on these items and to plan your loads for the best economical outcome.
- Business Waste Reduction and Recycling Assistance
- Community Litter Cleanup Program Grant Administration
- Community Recycling Projects
- Coordinated Prevention Grant Administration
- Household Hazardous Waste Collection Facility
- In-House Recycling
- Solid Waste Management Plan
- Waste Reduction and Recycling Activities
- Yard Waste Program